Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Eldest Son's 1st Day of School




Just finished this page this evening, it's my eldest son's first day of school.  Tomorrow he'll be going to his first day of Sophomore year!  Where does the time go?  Well, as I have mentioned before I have a lot of catching up to do with his scrapbook, especially if I want it complete by the time he graduates!
 
As some of you know, I love my Cricut Expressions machine, I don't have many cartridge and I'm still learning, but I love it!  In this layout I used the Locker Talk cartridge, I got it on sale at Walmart when they were getting rid of their current cartridges to make room for the exclusive Walmart Cricut Light cartridges that recently came out.

Anyway this cartridge is so cool, it has everything you want related to school, I see lots of future uses ;)





I think I may have went a little embellishment crazy on this one but I was having entirely too much fun!  Check out this bus! The layer's weren't that hard to do, but I have to say, that this is one of the time I would have liked to own a Gypsy.  If I remember correctly when I watched Robyn from My Pink Stamper demo how to use the Gypsy, she said you can block out things you don't want to cut out.  It would have saved me some paper as I had to keep cutting out the bus in order to get the red and gray layers, I didn't see any way around it.  Anywhooo check out the various shapes I was able to cut out....





Cute huh?























 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I suppose I could have cut out the ABC letters as well but I wanted some dimension and I had these foam letters that K and I used for a project and thought I'd use them here.  So there you have it, my son's first day of school is finally scrapped, as he starts his first day of Sophomore year...wow!  They just grow up entirely too fast, so cherish them while you can!

Recipe
CTMH Stardust paper packet, Holiday Red, Topiary, Honey, Moonstruck, Black, Bamboo and Gray Flannel Cardstock, Silver large brads.  Foam letters and Locker Talk Cricut Cartridge shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment